Study Leave
Am sitting at Em's computer, occasionally sputtering words of wisdom (Come on, you've only got more day!!) along with Mocque as the poor gal is stressing over her last paper. I've done a far amount of work so far today since I woke up rather early, so am taking it easy at the moment. Then again, at least 6 people have asked me this question so far 'How come you don't look stressed ah?', with a particular stress on the word 'ah'.
I don't think I'm too stressed on the outside, but I probably am somewhere inside since I think my immune system ain't exactly at its optimum level (stress is supposed to lower your immune tolerance) as evidenced by the spots that're sprouting every now and again and the flu-like symptoms. Of course, I'm not the only one e.g. RH ain't exactly feeling too well either. Poor girl. Heck, poor all of us!
Good/bad news is that there's less than 2 weeks to go. Most of the folks here would've finished their exams by then (Congrats, Irene!!!) so I'll probably be stressing by myself at home. Speaking of which, the house has finally been cleared of all its boxes and the huge mess has been reduced considerably. I can't actually do work if I'm surrounded by an uncomfy surrounding (i.e. it has to be tidy) so this is good news, naturally. Zareen and gang will be leaving on Friday, and I'll have to start packing my stuff after that.
The other bit of good news is that Sweetie's birthday gift arrived today. She doesn't know what's coming, and I'm hellbent on making sure it remains a surprise after last year's fiasco (where I basically let everything out except for one little surprise). She had her b'day over the weekend, and a BBQ was held as well, since it was also her little nephew's b'day. Of course, the only thing that would've been better was if I was there as well!
Had a 6-hour long revision on Monday, which was very useful. Of course, my little group of friends weren't too comfy in the presence of so many medics (we probably have some sort of neuroses!) and I was particularly peeved when one of 'em came up to me and went all 'how's it going bro? long time no see! we'll practice for the exam next week k?'. I smiled and nodded my head, but I think I'll stick to practising with RH and Jo and CT, thank you very much. I don't understand these people who don't bother to tanya khabar for months, and suddenly become best buddies with you again when the exams are near. As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather spend my time with those I know and actually care about.
Guess I should go back to my books now. Still haven't started on antibiotics, and that's one of my weakest bits! Next couple of weeks should be fun, 'cause prior to the exams there's Jo's b'day celebration (we're going bowling), Shanti's b'day dinner and a few of us are catching Sin City as well. Here's hoping the exams would be just as fun (RH, Jo and I are in danger of laughing maniacally if we get catheterisation in the OSCE).
P.S. Just found out that the Crazy Frog ringtone will probably be the no.1 single on the charts this weekend, pipping Coldplay and other actual songs. What the fuck is wrong with these people??








<< Home