Wednesday, October 20, 2004

A New Beginning

Guess who's back...back again...

It's been a long, LONG while since I've actually written anything down in this blog. A LOT of things are different now. I'm actually surprised that the blog is still in use. Guess that's an omen by itself eh? I'm not quite sure what made me decide to start writing in this blog again...probably 'cause I've just written a letter to Malaysiakini, and the urge to write is flowing continuously at the moment!

Of course, I should be studying...but then again, I hardly ever do what I'm supposed to do! And as Jason pointed out so recently, it'll be quite surprising to find someone who actually does not procastinate...

Some idiot wrote a letter to M'kini that basically says women without tudung and who wear clothes that are tight are asking to be molested. That's just silly, and it's so bloody natural for some of these men (who're supposed to be alim) to shift the blame to the girls. 'I'm sorry, I've got too much testosterone, it's not my fault that your clothes or lack of it turns me on!'. What the fuck? Come on la... high libido or not, God gave us brains. I believe the whole point of the frontal lobe is to ensure we have sufficient cognitive function, to ensure we're within the boundaries of what is socially acceptable. And that does not include rape. I can understand a guy who's had a stroke and can't think straight (like that guy over at ITU who seemed to have this compulsive urge to masturbate every 15 minutes. Regardless of who's around him.) But men who profess to be normal? Please la...

Feeling kinda lonely at the moment. Probably 'cause the only living creature in this house is good old Gargamel, who's finally eating again. And he isn't exactly the best conversationalist, and I don't speak parseltongue, so that's the end of that. Luckily I've got my Sky and broadband, without which life would be quite miserable... I'm missing armijn n zareen, miss the laughter that always fills the house, miss the way we'd always chat about things. In zareen's case, there's always the chance that we're going to talk about armijn. Hahahhaa... most of all, I miss reiny! It's funny how the person that I'm talking to the most, everyday on the phone, also happens to be thousands of kilometres away from here. And she also happens to be the only person that can make me feel so happy and warm inside, especially with this depressing and wet weather! Just love her so very much... and it's always a pleasant feeling knowing that your love is reciprocal...

I think a case in point would be during the day when I didn't get the RVI job. Was down and miserable 'cause I thought I nailed it. But that's overconfidence for you. Turns out I didn't get it, and I was all mopey and self-pitiful until I talked to her over the phone. After which, I 'magically' transformed into a person who didn't mind human contact. Occasionally, I do wonder why I didn't get the job, especially when I think I'm a better candidate than some who got it (perasan eh?). And occasionally, I curse myself for not applying to someplace easier that would've guaranteed me a place. Now, even those places are gonna be tough to get into. Ah well...there's a bright side to it, I guess. Firstly, apparently Zana's happy I didn't get the job. So I've made her day. Secondly, this can only serve to make me stronger. That comes after a week of cursing and self-pity. ;)

Think I'll end here. Shaheeda just told me she's got some ayam masak lemak chilli api to pass to me. Bless her!