London
The weekend was pretty much what I had expected it to be – a little bit of exploring bits of
The best physical bit was probably the food I stuffed myself with – from the compulsory Krispy Kreme doughnuts to a visit to Wagamama to a peanut butter milkshake to the variety of Malaysian food that I found myself gorging on e.g. nasi lemak, nasi ayam, kangkung masak belacan (in Gold Mine, Chinese M’sian restaurant in Bayswater that Ilyaas took myself, Yusra and a couple of his mates to) and char kuey teow (in another Chinese M’sian restaurant called Melati, which I came across whilst wondering aimlessly in central London). Was I sated? Most definitely.
Also spent a small fortune at various shops, since it was during the last days of the summer sale. Did more window shopping than actual purchasing (thankfully), although I’m quite satisfied with a pair of shoes I purchased for a rather reasonable price. Also took the opportunity to purchase the customary tins of biscuits and tea from Harrods for the folks back home.
When I had actually arrived into
One of them, Jaja, accompanied me to the Bodies exhibition over at Earl’s Court. It was actually done in a relatively tasteful manner, and we came away thinking that anatomy back in university would’ve been so much better and more interesting if we had such specimens to play around with. Of course the exhibition highlighted the amount of anatomy I had actually forgotten, although Jaja was pretty excited as the whole ‘over-riding aortic arch in Fallot’s tetralogy’ suddenly made sense to her after looking at a specimen of a heart. Yes, we were 2 geeks excitedly pointing various specimens to each other.
So now I’m back in boring old








<< Home