Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Karadzic gets caught!

The past weekend saw a couple of close friends go home for good, along with the imminent break-up of the fellowship of the retreat house. It's always sad when your close friends tend to move away from you. I guess it is part of my life, but I don't particularly like it when it happens as I tend to make a few close friends and stick with them.

On a more light-hearted note, we went to watch Wall-E, which is a quite a heart-warming and funny tale of an analog robot in his search for love in the digital world. I would put it on par with The Incredibles in the list of Pixar films, which is saying a lot. But there's only a few days left before I catch the Dark Knight, and all this avoidance of reading reviews and plot spoilers had better pay off!

And the other note-worthy event is the belated purchase of my first car. I must admit to a certain extragance in choosing it, but it's a wonderful drive and I do intend to keep it for a fair number of years. Here's hoping that the credit-crunch is going to stop rearing its head soon!