Psychomaniac
At the risk of hyperbole, and of sounding like a lovestruck fanboy whose comic fantasies have come true, I have to go on the record and state the Christopher Nolan's latest movie, The Dark Knight, is fucking amazing. As in damn-this-is-what-Batman-is-about kinda amazing. As in I'm-so-gonna-watch-it-again-and-buy-the-DVD -even-when-it's-selling-for-15-quid kinda amazing.
I could wax lyrical about how the depiction of the main characters were so chillingly realistic and oh-so-very-true to Alan Moore's and Frank Miller's depiction of the psyche, or how everything the critics say about Bale and Ledger and Aackhart is true, but I shall not spoil the fun for those who have not watched. Instead, I shall go to bed with all these thoughts in my head, think about where to hang the framed painting of the Batman that Sweetie gave me as a gift recently and look forward to watching it again next week with Jo.








<< Home