Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bende Bodoh

Looking through the list of movies, I came across the following description for Fast and Furious:

'Contains strong action violence and sexualised posing'.

Somehow I never knew that 'sexualised posing' is a phrase that has started to be used as a warning for potential viewers. And somehow I think that the warning should probably be applied to most movies these days. For example, I don't remember coming across the warning for the first Transformers movie (with a nod to the special effects by Megan Fox).

And another thing that comes across as being remarkably stupid - a reality show called My Life as an Animal. Yup, people pretending to be animals (including rolling around like a pig) in order to empathise with the animal - how it lives, eats etc.

Forgetting all while that there's a marked difference in the consciousness of a man and an animal. Or the simple fact that different species have different adaptations to life. Man the most intelligent creature on Earth? Sometimes you just have to wonder.