Should I Stay or Should I Go?
Hmm... I'm sitting in the library, having spent a morning's worth of walking a ward round. Was waiting for a lunch time meeting, but I think it's been cancelled. The fact that nobody's around and the room's locked indicates so. Of course, it could have been moved to a different location but I'm not too keen on finding out...
The main thought that's dominating my mind at the moment is : should I go back to Newcastle tonight? Or tomorrow afternoon? Why do I want to go back to Newcastle tonight? Saje je... for pure self-satisfaction. I don't exactly have anything planned for tomorrow, and I think my absence will not raise any issues. Alternatively, I can stay back and do some work both tonight and tomorrow...be a good boy and stay in 'till late. Yeah right.... hmm...
The advantage of going back tomorrow would be the fact that I'll be receiving further teaching fr Dr Feroze, the consultant I'm currently with. This guy has an amazing array of medical skills (it's a joy watching him with patients) and textbook-like knowledge. Didn't quite like him at first (primarily 'cause he told me I wouldn't pass my MBBS 'cause I didn't perform a PR on a patient) but heck, that was just my ego being bruised. This guy has taught us (the PRHO and I) loads and he's very paternal in a sense. Today, he taught us the fine art of SYA (saying your arse) in terms of not getting in trouble in a medico-legal point of view. Will prove to be useful in the future, I'm sure.
Having said that, I've been in a rather malas mood this week. This has been the most unproductive week since I got here, but I plan to make up for it next week. After all, I'll have Glasgow to look forward to next weekend, so I'd better make sure I deserve that break! That reminds me... I've got a job interview for Carlisle next friday, and I'll need to prepare for that as well. Here's hoping things go ok with that!








<< Home