Pineapple IQ
It's an hour past buka puasa and I haven't eaten yet. It's not good, I know, but I figured that I might as well get some stuff done before getting out of the library. This list of 'stuff' includes
1. Sending off Raya n Deepavali greetings to my friends.
2. Borrowing a suitable book to read. I've decided that Kumar n Clarke is too thick, thus making it difficult to handle n carry around. Finally decided on the tried and tested 'Crash Course in Cardiology'.
3. Have a think about the literature review I'm supposed to start on. To do with treatment of whatever disease. No luck here. Anyone have any ideas on any particular topic? Suggestions would be very much appreciated...
4. Replying a few e-mails.
5. Reading the newspaper. Only to discover that The Guardian confuses me at times. I have to say that at this point of the day, along with early mornings, my IQ is comparable to that of a pineapple.
6. Looking thru some pics sweetie e-mailed to me. They include some pics we took in Italy, which naturally brings both fond memories into my head and a silly grin on my face.
This year's Raya celebration will be slightly unorthodox. A few of us are gonna watch a footie match. Yus n CT were kind enough to buy me tix to this weekend's match between Newcastle n Man UTd. I have to say I'm pretty excited, since I've never actually watched a premiership match live before. I've always told myself 'next year, next year...' and that year has finally arrived! Do I hear my feet tapping in excitement?? No...that's just the sound of the rackety old air-conditioning. But, here's looking forward to NEwcastle beating Man Utd. Do I hear howls of derision and laughter? Oh, that was me. Ah well, one can always hope, but if they're gonna play the way they played against Fulham, the dream will remain just that. A dream. Win or lose, here's looking forward to the weekend!
Damn... just realised it's only Wednesday and I'm on-call tomorrow....sob...








<< Home