2/12
The past week has gone by rather quickly. I guess doing Special Meds (aka Special Skive) has its advantages. It also helps that the weather's getting more tolerable. Yesterday, I was actually convinced by Yus to join him and a couple of the girls at the park for some football. Not football proper, but just a lazy kick-about that turned out to be rather fun.
Special Meds is different from what I expected it to be. Yup, there are loads of free time. But the cardio and respi attachments also played host to what's probably the best teaching I've had so far this year, and that's saying a lot! So instead of buggering off and doing next to nothing (as I was sort of planning to do), I find myself waking up early in the morning in order to catch the teaching that's provided by some of the top specialists in their fields, followed by a short session over at wards, where I tend to examine a patient or two with a friend. This results in me not feeling too guilty about being rather relaxed.
Compared to some of my friends, I think I'm kinda relaxed about exams at the moment. I know there's only 2 months to go, but I'm currently at the stage of 'There's still time to learn all the stuff I need to know'. Of course, that'll probably change in May, at which point I'll enter the Oh-Shit-There's-Not-Enough-Time-Left! mode.
Hung out with W2k the other day. Watched La Nina Santa (which can be summarised by the first words I uttered as soon as the movie finished - What the...?!!), admired his nifty little camera, and proceeded to have a rather convulated chat about religion and spirituality over some Oreos. This was after the usual case of me making myself look rather silly upon answering his medic quizzes.
Spent the weekend being totally engrossed with DC's Countdown to Infinite Crisis, the sequel to Identity Crisis, and is the start of a whole chain of events that will lead to Infinite Crisis, which is pretty much gonna be as 'earth-shattering' as Crisis on Infinite Earths back in 1985. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't bother. Am going into comic-geek mode! But this particular storyline is rather intriguing, as I'm curious about Batman's reaction now that he knows that he had his memories wiped by his own friends.
The Star Wars : Clone Wars cartoon has also debuted over the telly, and at the moment, Coruscant is being attacked. Mace Windu is amazing, and I can't help but wonder how he's gonna die in Episode 3. Heck, I'm all excited and jumping on the bandwagon. I guess it's true what Jo said - we're gonna use Star Wars as a distraction from being stressed, and it'll only be after MAy 19th that the enormity of our situation will be realised. Joy.








<< Home