Sunday, March 13, 2005

Mo Cuishla

Finally watched Million Dollar Baby on Friday night. Good show, and it definitely deserved the awards it won during Oscar night. It was a joy watching the talents of Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman and Hilary Swank at their best, and I was definitely impressed with Swank's skipping skills. Actually teared as well - I guess some bits were a bit too close to home.

Caught up with Liza last night after a (in retrospect) surprisingly long hiatus. Was treated to dinner along with CT n Yus. Managed to catch up on things, as well as received the usual teasing and good-natured-name-calling. Have to say I wasn't on par last night, and probably didn't give as good as I received. Yus n Liz together are a dangerous combination... Will have to practise harder on these 'skills' of mine.

A dear friend of mine came over for a night. She wasn't exactly around for long, but there was enough time to catch up on lots of stuff, hang out, watch a movie, eat some nice breakfast, admire the bridges of the quayside, admire the view from the Baltic, drink a few cups of coffee and comment about the weather. Was good to meet up with her again, although I do sympathise with her horrible journey back home (having to change at 3 stations due to engineering work).

One thing that I have to agree with Yus is about being on time/keeping one's promises. I get really pissed off when someone's late or doesn't fulfill a promise/appointment without giving an adequate explanation.Kalau sekali takpe, but when it has happened a few times, it just shows a lackadaisical attitude and disrespect for another person's time. If I am running late, I do try to call in advance or if I'm late for a class, I'd prefer to skip it rather than be coming in too late. None of this janji Melayu crap. But that's just me I guess.

On a more cheerful note, best of luck to Sweetie on the start of her new job! Here's hoping the first day goes well. Congrats also on your 'Weapon of Mass Destruction'. Can't wait to have a look at it!