1 down, 2 to go...
Had my OSCE yesterday morning over at Sunderland. Took the Metro over with CT, and we were laughing nervously throughout the journey as we tried to calm our nerves. The various SMSs and phone calls I received (some from rather surprising sources) were touching and helped put a smile to my face but as usual, I was having rather mixed thoughts - on the one hand I've never really had much probs with OSCEs and one can make educated guesses as to what might actually come out, but on the other hand it's the finals and there's so much I've forgotten and OSCEs are bloody stressful events.
The exams were... hmm... OK on the whole, I guess. I came away thinking that it's something that we'd all pass, but I wasn't entirely pleased because of the numerous bits of silly mistakes that I did. I'm hoping that they won't amount to a significant number, but I'm still mentally going 'D'oh!' when I think of those mistakes, since I know that I know the answers (especially the image station on ?bronchiolitis). Guess I should forget about it and pray hard and hit the EMQ books next.
After the OSCE, I caught Sin City along with CT, Yus, Elly and Jo. Won't go into too much detail about it, but I was quite satisfied with the end product. It has the film noir touch to it, and the story and cinematography was in keeping with the comic itself (then again, the creator was co-director), right down to the brutal killings and the rather hot babes. Definitely recommended viewing, and if you haven't seen the trailer already, check it out at the link above.
Obviously, I didn't do much work yesterday, and the movie served its purpose in helping me de-stress. Then again, except for the half hour before the OSCE, I don't think I've been as stressed as others, or as stressed as I should've been. Which could be either a good or a bad thing. But I guess the loads of comments about me looking calm and collected is due to the magnificent support that I've had over the past few days. While some have been conspicous by their absence, others have made me feel rather touched and grateful.
Sweetie's been a constant motivator and is always there with a kind word or gesture. And then there's Yus and Elly, who've been extremely kind as to cook and even serve us our meals, with Yus playing the additional role of our 'headmaster'. Then there's Shanti who's been very helpful and patient with me, and my study mates CT, Reem n Jo. It's amusing how Reem gets quite stressed, but she becomes all positive and totally changes her voice and personality when I start bemoaning about the state that I'm in! And of course, there's W2K with his stern persona when he's busy grilling us. I can safely say that I probably won't forget the symptoms of acute glaucoma ever again!
So here's a big thank you and a big hug for being there when I needed you guys. =)








<< Home