1 down, 6 to go
As far as Mondays go, today was filled with various bits of activities that made it sort of fly by. Before I knew it, it was lunch time, and the afternoon passed by pretty swiftly as well. Which is good, since this is the week that I've been not really looking forward to - I'll be the only member of my team available 'will next week, plus I'm on-call this coming weekend.
I don't think things will be too bad (touchwood) 'cause I've been pretty much on my own most of the time anyway. Things weren't too good this morning though, 'cause I walked into the ward and a patient was quite intent on dying, and she seemed to have been suffering from a pulmonary embolus. The afternoon was spent making sure she was alive, as well as conducting my very first ward round.
Luckily, I've managed to get a consultant to drop by sometime during the week to have a run through my patients. I'm quite keen on making sure that nobody dies unnecessarily during my stewardship, and any help would be appreciated. And after that, I can look forward to spending a few days in Oxford, with the possibility of a shopping trip to Bicester with the Jajsters.
The past weekend was (as usual) a delight to the tummy. From Komal, to Elly's curry mee, to the sri muka I hungrily swallowed during the UMNO AGM. And this time round, Nyssa came around for the weekend to hang out. Naturally, it was great having one of my closest friends around, albeit under less than ideal circumstances. But there's always the hope that things will get better in the future.








<< Home