Weegies
Got back from Glasgow a couple of hours back. It was a rather pleasant trip, highlighted by the good food that Oja, Mq and I devoured. This included crab meat enchilada and a rather lovely banana and chocolate crepe (which Sweetie would probably wrinkle her nose at!). I’ve been told that I should be eating more (found out that I weighed 65kgs this morning) but I think I should start exercising again. If not, I’ll end up with skinny arms and legs and a flabby tummy.
I have to say I’ve grown fond of Glasgow over my few trips over to the place, and this is mainly due to the presence of some pretty entertainment venues, good restaurants/cafes and shops. In fact, it’s quite the shopping haven, some might say. Whatever it is, it’s the biggest and nearest city to Carlisle – the train ride takes 80 minutes compared to the 90 minutes to Newcastle. Although Newcastle’s geographically closer, the service is via a local train with lots of stops as compared to the new Virgin train to Glasgow, which is fantastically fast and quiet. It’s probably one of the few vehicles that I’m able to place my head against the window and fall asleep without worrying about being awoken by unexpected shudders.
Got myself a couple of books, which will be added to the pile of unread books. But I’ll be reading one of ‘em (Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell) right after I’m done with my current read (Hippocratic Oaths, which is quite illuminating so far) and maybe at some point after that I might get down to starting CT’s Chronicles of Narnia.
Rather surprisingly, I’m feeling better after the trip. Was feeling rather flu-ey over Friday and Saturday (the symptoms seem to correlate with on-calls and the day after) and I was expecting the travelling to do my head in. But I woke up today feeling rather rejuvenated. Which is rather surprising ‘cause I didn’t exactly have an uninterrupted sleep. But I’m not complaining.
Sweetie finally met up with Ellina, who passed her some stuff from me, including my graduation portrait. I have to say it’s not the most flattering pics of moi, especially since I’ve got a rather dodgy, leering smile. Why? Beats me. But a couple of copies are now with Sweetie, who’s probably laughing her head off at the sight of it! But at least she’s feeling happier now after a rather rough weekend.
I have to say that I’ve been missing Sweetie loads lately. In a way, I’m lucky that work has been a distraction and that prevents me from moping too much. Then again, I’m counting the weeks ‘till I finally get to hold her in my arms at the airport again (Kudo – I’m leaving the week after Raya) and see that lovely grin of hers. Sigh…
I’ve been told that I get too mushy in my blog at times, but please forgive me if I gave the impression that I give a damn. What I need now is for someone to invent the long-awaited teleportation machine. Or for my mutant powers of teleportation to manifest itself. Somehow, I have this feeling I’ll still have to wait for that MAS flight…








<< Home