Shows
I’m finally making an entry in my blog using the Internet connection from my room. Yup, I’ve finally connected to the information superhighway via the phone line in my room, but one has to admit that using a dial-up connection after years of broadband is like going back to a Proton after being given the opportunity to spin around in a Beemer.
Beggars can’t be choosers, no?
I’m still having busy days, but it’s been ‘good’ busy days i.e. I feel that I’ve achieved something during the day or that I don’t mind staying back for a few extra minutes to help out on the ward, especially when the nurses are very helpful to me in the first place. Also discussed the possibility of an audit in the evening with my consultant, but we’ll see how that goes.
Funnily enough (not funny ha-ha) the best part of my day today, or rather the most satisfying bit was talking to a recently deceased patient’s relatives. Didn’t really do much medicine, but they went back feeling better and getting a hug from an appreciative human being does make one feel good about one’s self.
Which reminds me of the show Grey’s Anatomy, which I caught yesterday. It’s supposed to be the next big American show to hit this side of the pond, but then again so is every other new sitcom they try to sell. It was not too bad, with a scattering of good jokes and points about internship that ring true. It’s not as exciting as the other 2 shows I’ve been watching regularly though - House and Lost.
Another show that caught my eye was Rock Star – INXS. A Pop-Idol-like show to find the new front man for INXS, except it’s hard-rocking and nothing like pop. I have to say that the singers were a heck of a lot better than the ones that tend to populate the other talent-scouting shows, and the performances are pretty top notch too. But then again, I might just be a tad bit biased.
Got Glasgow to look forward to this weekend (Oja’s birthday) and Edinburgh the next (Radzi’s). That’ll keep me busy for the next few weekends, after which I should probably stay quiet in Carlisle. Well, after a weekend in Newcastle perhaps. For the moment though, I better mentally prepare myself for Friday, which is bound to be busy like hell following my on-call this coming Thursday.








<< Home