Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Pindah

It’s been a while since I last updated this blog, and it’s probably down to a mixture of mental lethargy and plain laziness. And it’s also partly due to the fact that I’ve moved from the dorm-like atmosphere of my accommodation of the past year to my spanking-new 3-bedroom flat over the bank holiday weekend.

The new place fulfils 2 main criteria of any place I’d want to live in – a power shower and dark curtains to block out the sunlight when needed (e.g. at 10am on a Sunday morning). Happily, it also comes with everything else brand new, as it has been recently been refurbished. This includes the kitchen utensils & electronics, the bathroom, sink and cabinets in my room and they’ve even provided a 20-inch flat screen LCD by Toshiba in each room. And finally, I’ll be able to connect to the internet via the long-delayed use of broadband connection.

Best of all, I’ll be living with people that I actually want to live with, and we’ll have our fair share of privacy as well. Having said that, we’re currently quite literally jumping with excitement after previewing Omar’s Xbox 360, and it’s only a matter of time before we get a HD telly for the living room along with Sky HD (the graphics are BEE-YOO-TEE-FOOL).

We’ve had our celebratory dinner, and here’s looking forward to a year of feeling like I’m living in a home. Oh, and my friends can finally come visit too.