Monday, July 16, 2007

Lethargy

I’m exhausted!

Been on my feet almost continuously since Friday morning and for once it’s not because of work. Almost every part of my body aches from the amount of walking and carrying of stuff that I’ve done, and it was with great pleasure that I finally slipped into my Crocs earlier today. But it’s been a good few days of getting out of the country into the city that turns your snot black and indulging in a bit of shopping and socialising.

Reem was kind enough to allow me to lodge at her posh new pad in the middle of London. Proved to be a godsend, as it made travelling so much easier and I didn’t have to trudge my stuff all around. Friday involved a fair amount of exploration in search for a winter coat to replace the one I lost in the nightclub in Edinburgh (ended up choosing one of an almost similar design) as well as getting stuff for Sweetie and a few other random items such as an overdue jar of Smucker's Goober peanut butter with grape jelly from Selfridges.

Dinner was catching up with Amir at the newly refurbished Satay House, where I was able to eat some Msian food to my heart’s content whilst watching loops of P Ramlee movies over their wall-mounted flat-screens. This was followed by my usual random, getting-myself-lost, walks. Most intriguing discovery was a back alley someplace that had a full row of French cafes, whose patrons were comically in berets and red scarves, chatting animatedly in French whilst staring at me through narrowed eyes.

Saturday was Star Wars (of which I shall blog about later) and then the rush to Solihull for Priya’s engagement party. I must confess that I was a little hesitant about it at first, as I knew next to nobody there. But the party went well, and we were chatting and dancing (my attempt at bhangra left much to be desired) till the early hours of the morning.

So it wasn’t so surprising that I woke up late in this morning, and just rolled around in wonderful king-sized bed. The rest of the day had a can’t-be-arsed-to-do-anything feel to it and I have a nasty feeling that that will set the tone for the rest of the week.