Sunday, July 08, 2007

Bravo!

In one of the best tennis matches I've seen in recent times, Federer beat Nadal in a 5-set thriller to win his 5th consecutive Wimbledon championship (a feat only ever achieved by Bjorn Borg). It was definitely a heck of a lot better than the match at the finals of the French Open, and after the close fight of the first few sets, the last set produced Federer' exquisite tennis which brought him into a class of his own.

A pity for Nadal - he's actually the longest-running no.2 in tennis history, so he's a remarkable talent in his own right. But one can actually see him improving from one tournament to the next, and it won't be too long before he takes over the helm. I'm still a fan of Federer though - beautiful tennis, gentlemanly conduct, humility.

You can tell I've been visiting the telly room rather often in between patients.

And here's something else that deserves admiration.