Autumn cometh
It's been a while since I last blogged, and it's primarily due to my laziness at going online when all I had was a dial-up connection. But things have changed, as they're wont to do and I'm now a satisfied customer of T-Mobile's Web n Walk. Next stop - the iPhone that comes out with O2 in November. Won't be getting it anytime soon though for a number of reasons : I'm still on contract, I quite like my n95 and the darn thing will cost upwards of 200 quid WITH a 40-quid-a-month contract. Gulp.
A few things happened over the past few weeks, of which the most obvious was the exam. Turned out to be a less suicidal experience than I had expected, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. At least I didn't feel nauseated this time round.
I've been in a rather appreciative mood over the past week. It's amazing what not doing any formal work does to the mind and body (not that I'm claiming to have done LOTS of work beforehand). So I slipped into a rather contemplative mood of being appreciative of loved ones and the importance of being able to bask in sunshine with a book in hand a cold drink in the other (pre-Ramadhan experience, of course).
Reading Norwegian Wood and watching Knocked Up (both excellent, highly recommended works) seem to have helped set the mood. Of course, I had to go along for a talk on the ST training scheme today to have my little bubble burst as the gist of the talk was 'Get off your arse if you know what's good for you!'. I'd be a bit more enthusiastic with work if somebody actually knew what they were doing with regards to the future and if I didn't have to quantify every single itty bitty thing I do. I think the best way forward for the entire curriculum is to have little cameras attached to us, so that every movement and decision can be analysed. Might even work out cheaper in the long run.
Anyway, here's a couple of lines off Knocked Up in honour of a friend's b'day. Damn funny if you ask me. If you disagree, just catch it in the movie to get them into perspective.
Debbie and Alison have just been told to get to the back of the line outside a club as the club was 'too full', only to see the doorman allow 2 hot chicks get through the front door easily.
Debbie: I'm not gonna go to the end of the fucking line, who the fuck are you? I have just as much of a right to be here as any of these little skanky girls. What, am I not skanky enough for you, you want me to hike up my fucking skirt? What the fuck is your problem? I'm not going anywhere, you're just some roided out freak with a fucking clipboard. And your stupid little fucking rope! You know what, you may have power now but you are not god. You're a doorman, okay. You're a doorman, doorman, doorman, doorman, doorman, so... Fuck You! You fucking fag with your fucking little faggy gloves.
Doorman: I know... you're right. I'm so sorry, I fuckin' hate this job. I don't want to be the one to pass judgement, decide who gets in. Shit makes me sick to my stomach, I get the runs from the stress. It's not cause you're not hot, I would love to tap that ass. I would tear that ass up. I can't let you in cause you're old as fuck. For this club, you know, not for the earth.
Debbie: What?
Doorman: You old, she pregnant. Can't have a bunch of old pregnant bitches running around. That's crazy, I'm only allowed to let in five percent black people. He said that, that means if there's 25 people here I get to let in one and a quarter black people. So I gotta hope there's a midget in the crowd.








<< Home