Boro
It's been a week since I've started my cardiology rotation in the James Cook University Hospital. I'd like to say that the reason I haven't written anything in my blog is because I've been busy moving my things or that I've been hard at work. The main reason is simply because I've been lazy. That, plus the fact that I've been degraded to using dial-up for my internet connection with no end to this predicament in the near future. Took me a good half hour to download a Red Jumpsuit Apparatus song just now. After which I decided to call it quits.
With the exception for the medieval internet connection and the lack of a telly, things have been pretty ok despite the still-chaotic circumstances of specialist training. The flat's cleaned up and tidy, the department's at the management forefront, the colleagues are amiable enough, the nurses are wonderfully more than competent and I haven't been told off by a consultant yet. Although my lack of knowledge of cardiology-related research findings did bring about a sad shake of the head by one of them.
I haven't been to the wards yet though, as things might be different there. Will be based on CCU 'till tomorrow; this is usually a rather boring place to be but it's a different kettle of fish in a 14-bed tertiary admitting centre. Geeked out earlier today when I admitted a patient with a wonderfully (for me, not her) palpable murmur and when I saw my first diabetic retinopathy through an opthalmoscope. Can't remember ever getting this excited during those long months in O&G.








<< Home