Back to reality
Just got back into Carlisle about an hour ago after yet another weekend of fun and relaxation. For the first time in living memory, I actually feel guilty for skipping a couple of days of work. Probably 'cause it sort of takes the momentum off things and also due to the fact that I haven't done any work during the weekend. But heck, it was worth it!
Fri night was karaoke night. Of sorts. Played this PS2 game over at the girls' place, and Yus was pretty impressive with his renditions of various pop songs. Sang myself hoarse. Or rather attempted to. As everyone who has heard me 'sing' can attest to, I ain't exactly Michael Crawford. But it's ok making a fool of yourself as long as you're not the only one! Hahaha...
On Saturday, the M'sian Society had a mkn2 session, which I brought LM to. It was ok, I guess. The big surprise was having a guy come up to me and ask me if I studied in Muar during my primary school days (which I did). Turns out, he was my former classmate back when I was a wee lad and I guess it just goes to show how small the world is. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have been able to recognise him, but it was quite an experience attemption to recreate all the faces from my long-forgotten past.
CT n Yus were kind enough to take LM n myself to Durham, where we spent the remaining of Saturday. Nothing much has changed since my last visit, although this time round, I spent a little more time inside the cathedral. I have to say it's rather magnificient, and I probably spent a good 10 mins just staring at the huge stained glasses.
Sunday was relatively uneventful. Was supposed to bring my guest to the Quayside and show off NEwcastle's glorious bridges (goes to show that there isn't much to do over here, eh?) but the weather was crap and it was just too darn cold for us to want to do anything. So we ended up watching a movie with WK instead - The Incredibles. IMHO, it's probably the best movie I've watched since Finding Nemo. Hmm... beginning to sense a pattern here...Another recommendation would be Green Day's 'American Idiot'. Post-9/11 political angst meets pioneers of punk rock. Can't go wrong with that.
Which brings me to today...a rather worn-out me, lazily making my way back to Carlisle. It's the halfway point of my rotation, and needless to say, I'm beginning to crane my neck a little to look for that light at the end of the tunnel...








<< Home