Money Money Money
It's Monday. The most dreaded day of the week, for the sole reason that it is so far away from Friday, Saturday and Sunday. However at this point in time, Helen and I are in a dilemma. We've been invited to a party at Dr Orgee's house tomorrow night. A party where you're supposed to wear a fancy hat, bring a bottle of wine, and mingle around with 3rd year students and other medical staff. Neither one of us is particularly keen on going, but Dr Orgee's been mentioning it every other hour. So, to go or not to go? That is the question...
Sunday was nice and relaxing. Had an extra hour to sleep, courtesy of the roleback in time. This naturally heralds the dawn of the period of time where we'll be enjoying the night sky by 5pm. 'Joy'. It's no wonder some folks get depressed so easily during the winter. But I've sort of gotten used to it. Might have trouble if I was in Alaska or Finland, and there's no day or night at all.
Yesterday was spent reading, walking about, attempting to do some exercises, and watching Taken. This mini-series was recommended to me by Sweetie, and I must say I don't regret getting the DVD set (although I actually got it for her). Only watched 2 episodes so far, but the story's pretty good and the effects are good too. Each episode lasts approx. 90 mins, so there's another 720 minutes to go, I think.
I belanja-ed sweetie and her friends yesterday. I thought it'd be nice to give them a treat especially since they've been busy with stuff. Too bad I wasn't there myself!! I don't mind spending money on those who're close and generous to me.
It's quite interesting watching various individuals. Some are remarkably stingy despite being rich, and some are remarkably generous despite not having much money themselves. 2 folks who come to mind are my parents and Armijn. I don't come from a particularly rich family. We make do with what we have, and as my mum pointed out to me once upon a time, we have everything we need and a bit more. It's only when my sister started her nonsense that loads of money was poured down the drain (in my humble opinion). And yet my parents seem to persevere at a point where I would have given up. Guess it's different when it involves your first child. The only reason I didn't apply for Edinburgh to do medic is 'cause I knew I'd never be comfy there with the high cost of living, and as much as I can, I don't want to burden my parents.
I absolutely detest those living in Uk, newcastle especially, who're getting money from their scholarship and their parents, and still complain about not having enough money and being poor. C'mon la... just because you can't get that bed you want from Ikea doesn't mean you're poor. Just because your friend has a Rolex and you don't doesn't mean you're poor. Live according to your means la, and stop comparing yourself to the uber-rich. REALITY check. There are hoardes of people who can't even get a decent meal each day. You are VERY rich in their eyes. There are those who never step outside their village, let alone their country. When you think about those who're less fortunate, and the amount of people out there who're in such a situation, then you'll (hopefully) see how silly you are for complaining that you've only got Levi's and can't afford Fubu. Some folks just don't comprehend how lucky they are that they can buy Levi's in the first place.
Some people just lupa diri.








<< Home