Takut!!
I've got another interview tomorrow, and I'm swinging between being rather lackadaisical about it to being rather jittery at times. On the plus side, nothing much can go wrong. On the downside, there's always Murphy's Law and we don't wanna mess with that, do we? It probably has more weight in it than Newton's Laws. But on the whole, I guess I'm rather relaxed. Definitely a heck of a lot better as compared to the situation before my previous interview. And I'm eternally grateful to Sweetie and Reem for their constant support and phone conversations and prayers. I guess having someone believe in you (more than yourself!) does make a difference!
Earlier this afternoon, I had a long leisurely chat with Dr Cowley, the guy I'm attached to this week. He's a remarkably good teacher, and is legendary over here for the ability to make ECGs comprehensible to us poor unfortunate students. We chatted about interviews and career prospects and stuff, and I think at this point in time, I have a good idea of where I want to be in the next 5 years at least. His fav phrase is 'complete load of shite' e.g. 'that book is a complete load of shite, Dr so-and-so is a complete load of shite' and I tend to actually see his point of view. Another one of those old-school consultants who seem to know everything!
It's been said that the toughest part of being in a long-distance relationship is the longing to be together again, the miss-her-like-crazy moments where you just wanna hop on the next plane over to Malaysia, until Mr Reality stands in front of you and laughs in rather devillish manner. While I agree that that's the toughest bit, another aspect which I didn't quite realise as being particularly difficult to cope with is the fact that I can't actually do anything much to help my sweetie if she needs me.
Maybe it's just my male ego wanting to be able to actually do something, but I do feel that it kinda sucks that I'm unable to help my gal if she needs someone to help her carry a heavy box or is she needs a foot massage or if she needs a warm, comforting hug. The most I can do is to try and be comforting over the phone, whilst inside I'm cursing the fact that I'm restricted in my ability to make things better for her. Geography is a bitch.
Having said that, I can have a really REALLY crappy day, and it'll all be ok the instant I hear her voice over the phone, even if it's for a couple of minutes. It's amazing how much impact a loving voice can have. I'll be rather satisfied if she's even half as happy as I am when she hears my voice. I guess at the end of the day, it merely highlights to me how much I care and love this girl, and how much I want to hug her close and keep her safe and happy and put a permanent smile on her face. And the day will come when geography won't be a factor anymore, and we'll be able to be there in person for each other and live our lives happily . Insya Allah.








<< Home