7 down, 1 to go!
I'm come to realise that sitting in front of the computer with the aim of maximising my time wasting is something that I do almost every Friday. It's probably due to the fact that it's Friday (i.e. the last 'working' day) and at this point of the rotation, and this close to X-mas hols, I really can't be arsed to do much work. The brain is saturated, the momentum is lost. All I can think of now is how next week's gonna be the last week of the semester and how much I'm looking forward to doing pretty much nothing at all for 2 weeks after that.
The mock OSCE was ok. There were only 4 stations, and although I didn't excel, I didn't quite mind 'cause nobody really prepared for it anyway. But I have to admit I was slightly ticked off with the cardio station, 'cause good 'ol DrO was extremely fussy about getting every single detail right, and I think we were all penalised unnecessarily. Even worse, there were times when she wasn't sure if we did something or not, indicating that she wasn't really paying attention to the whole examination process. Here's hoping the finals would be a different story. If not, all my (future) hard work will be in vain!
I've also finished my critical review. Gonna give a presentation on Tuesday titled 'The Therapeutic Role of Beta-blockers in Cardiac Failure.' In other words, I'm gonna mumble a little about some random medication and then quickly excuse myself before anything can think of asking me any questions. This strategy has been know to work before, so I shall put it to the test again!
With nothing 'official' left to do, it's no wonder that I've lost my motivation to do any more work. GRanted, it'll be a whole different story next year, but this is now. Am looking forward to tonight's dinner, and to hanging out with Jaja tomorrow and to Radzi coming over to visit next weekend. When I found out back in Aug that I was gonna be living alone for a few months, I wasn't too worried but I did wonder if I'll end up feeling rather lonely at times. That fear has failed to materialised 'cause I've always found myself surrounded by someone or another, and their companionships were/are very much appreciated. Not forgetting my sweetie, who's always there for me despite being thousands of miles away physically. As I told her once before, I can be alone, but I'll never be lonely as long as I have her in my life.
Yesterday was a happy occasion, 'cause Armijn and Zareen finally tied the knot. Gave them a call and chatted with 2 happy and excited folks, but obviously the conversation didn't last too long. I'm very very happy for them, and only regret not being able to be there in person!
Am looking forward to the conclusions of 2 other things - the Identity Crisis saga, the whodunnit that is currently rattling the foundations of the DC comics universe (yes, I'm a geek at times - speaking of which, next year should be a great movie year for comic fans with the release of Batman : The Beginning, Elektra, Constanstine, Sin City and the Fantastic Four, and here's hoping they'll be watchable at the very least) and Taken. I was up 'till 2+am last night watching the penultimate episode of it, and I'm just itching to get back to Newcastle to pop the DVD back in and check out the finale. I have to say that Dakotah Fanning is remarkably adorable and sweet. And a pretty good actress as well!








<< Home