Ghost for Sale! Get your fresh ghost!!
It's amazing what you can buy from eBay these days... Besides the usual fare of computer gadgets and books and treasured keepsakes, there's the occasional weird auction that serves nothing more than create situations for us humans who're deprived of laugh-inducing headlines in the news. The latest? Woman auctions father's ghost on eBay. And even better, some idiots actually made a bid for it. I wonder how that works? Will she be taken into civil court in the event of a non-delivery? Hmm... this certainly opens up a whole new world of possibilities, especially with idiots out there who're willing to part with their money with the gentlest persuasion. I discovered back in high school, while selling comics, that there's only one thing that you really need to do in a transaction - make an individual (with more money than IQ points) believe that he wants/needs something. The whole basis of marketing.
Friday night at Glasgow was great... I think I had quite a few helpings of the laksa, which was deliciously spicy. And being a sucker for all things sweet, the dessert was pretty good too! It was interesting meeting some new people and just generally observing them, but the main reason of going in the first place was to meet up with my old friends. And the food of course. ;) We didn't leave for Newc 'till quite late at night, and by the time we got home, it was around 2am. I think.
Saturday was spent walking around Newcastle, braving the shoppers who were out in force for the X-mas sales. It's always nice to watch people going around their business during X-mas, and the decorations and sounds that fill the air just ring in celebrations - I guess after 4 years of being here, I can't help but tap my feet along to the X-mas carols. Spent a significant amount of time in my fav shops (Forbidden Planet and the Oxfam secondhand book store), and thankfully the latter was relatively quiet.
That night was spent singing. Again. I think it's going to start being a weekly feature from now onwards... This time, there were 8 of us, and altho Mq was initially malu-malu kucing, she turned out in full force (well, almost) towards the end. And elly n ellina were actually awake 'till 4... After we spent hours croaking our voices out, I was quite surprised to see the sun shining on Sunday...
Anyway, I'm back in Carlisle now...2 more weeks... I can feel the mental exhaustion creeping in, and it doesn't help that I've got a mock OSCE this week, a long case next week and a critical review to finish up. But on the bright side, there's a pre-b'day dinner courtesy of Reem on Friday to look forward to, Jaja n Adleen will be visiting during the weekend, next week's the last week, and last but certainly not least, Alin's wedding ceremonies are over, so that leaves me with more time to talk to my Sweetie. Phone-bill permitting, of course!








<< Home