Sunday, November 28, 2004

Glasgow

Went to bed at 5 in the morning on Friday night, 'cause I was helping Em type an essay, whilst Mocque was serving us tea and maggi goreng. I must say she has tremendous potential to be a good secretary, but that would put her medical education to waste eh? Ah well... naturally, we woke up late on Sat, and by the time we arrived at the city centre of Glasgow, it was about 1430. So much for sight-seeing! Didn't help that there was a continuous dripping of rain which is apparently quite the norm over here.

The city centre is gorgeous, the shops are amazing. I was actually excited when I saw an A&W. Hahaha...was probably deprived after spending time in Carlisle, but heck it was lovely. Em was busy educating me on Mackintosh and his buildings, and I must say there's a rather pleasant blend of gothic buildings along with those which were built within the last century. Due to the lack of time, we took a rather quick tour of the high streets, stopping only at a couple of bookshops, Forbidden Planet (which was heavenly for me...) and I also got an item from GAP for my sweetie. The best thing about Glasgow though, for me at least, is the shower in Mocque's flat. Simply amazing... utter and total bliss...

Can't say we did much, to be honest. Last night (after the concert, of which I shall jot down in the near future) was spent visiting Oja, whom I haven't met in a long time. It was great catching up, and it was amusing listening to her high-pitched imitations. We were up 'till about 5, and (surprise, surprise) we woke up at noon today.

The highlight of today was helping Ellina move. Yeah, in other words, we didn't do much even though it was a lovely, sunny day. Amazingly. Got lost a couple of times, laughed about it and spent the next moments deciding on dinner. I'll be leaving for Edin in a few hours. The 2 gals were supposed to be following, but they've been rather fickle about actually going, and at last decided not to 'cause of their workload. Here's looking forward to some delicious halal chinese food...yum...