Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Future Employment

I'm sleepy...probably due to the lack of sleep over the weekend. Am back in Carlisle, and was in clinic all day. By the time it reached 5pm, I was practically nodding off, and thankfully, the consultant let us go then. These past few weeks have been great...been enjoying myself tremendously in Newcastle, Glasgow n Edin. And in a couple of weekends, a few friends fr Sheffield will be coming over, so there's that to look forward to as well. I guess I should be putting in more work during the weekdays eh?

This past weekend was particularly good 'cause it consisted of lepakking and chatting 'till the early hours of morning. As Reiny can attest to, I like to talk! Hahaha... and good company is always a good thing. Catching up with Radzi was also good, and as usual we chatted about really random topics and watched a couple of movies - Mean Girls (which isn't as bad as I thought it'd be) and When We Were Kings (which is much better than I thought it'd be). Had some good Chinese food as well, and I'll definitely be visiting The Lemon Tree in Glasgow sometime in the near future.

The good news is that I've been offered the rotation I applied for in Carlisle. So that's one monkey off my back and all I need to do now is to fill in some forms. Things might get a little complicated if I'm offered a post in Edin or Glasgow as well, but I'm not having high hopes for those. Plus I'm quite happy with the Carlisle bit... in my first year I'll be practising Geriatrics, Lower GI surgery, gastroenterology and Orthopaedics and in my 2nd year I'll be attached to Cardiology, Anaesthetics and ENT. Hopefully it'll be as good as the image I have in mind.