Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Sweetie!!

The 'official' bits of my Medicine rotation are over. Had a chat with DrO yesterday evening about my performance, and I was unexpectedly quizzed about a couple of clinical scenarios as well. I can't say it went very well (my knowledge about gastro ain't encyclopaedic after spending the last 6 weeks on cardio and respi) but thankfully, the assesssment's based more on my performance during the preceeding weeks. To sum things up, I passed and can now look forward to returning next year as a house officer.

Also had the presentation this morning, and that went rather well. Was suddenly nervous about 5 seconds before I began, but I gradually got the hang of it. Considering I didn't bother rehearsing and going through the presentation beforehand, I think I did OK! Hahaha... Obviously, I'm slacking off... and if all goes well, I'm hoping to head back to Newcastle sometime tomorrow. The initial plan was to take off this evening, but we were suddenly given an A&E teaching session for tomorrow morning.

I found out what my sweetie's getting me for next week, and even though she's not too pleased about me spoiling the surprise (lots of hugs, dear!!!) I have to say that that's offset by the fact that I'm now looking forward to it and I'll be excitedly anticipating it everyday 'till I actually get my hands on it. I doubt I'll set up camp next to my letter box, but it'll be close. ;) (Thanks a million, darling!)