Saturday, December 11, 2004

Weekend

I am happy because:

1. I just spent 2 and a half hours chatting with my sweetie over the phone earlier this morning.

2. I had a great dinner last night at Santana's. Not everyone invited turned up but that was not unexpected. However, the small group was great though, and it was nice playing catch up. I think my favourite way of spending my b'day is to have a nice meal with close buddies. That's a heck of a lot better then getting robbed (which was what happened back in first year. Talk about culture shock).

3. Risotto with fish and king prawns with don't-know-the-name-of-it sauce is a delight for the palate.

4. Got myself a couple of early b'day gifts consisting of vouchers to HMV and Waterstone's. Some might think it's not personal, but not me! I think they're wonderful gifts, especially since I love to splurge on books and DVDs. Already have a little mental list...

5. Jo gave me one of the nicest compliments I've ever received.

6. Jaja's arriving in an hour.

7. Armijn and Zareen are happily married!

8. It's Saturday, arguably the best day of the week.

9. I have received my Kill Bill 2 and LOTR Extended Version DVDs and am looking forward to watching it next weekend with a few buddies.



I am not so happy because :

1. I can't seem to find my bloody Kill Bill DVD!!! Anyone have any idea who borrowed it?

2. Had a headache sorting out various utility bills.

3. The weather sucks. And I made the brilliant mistake of leaving my snowcap and gloves in Carlisle.

4. X-Factor is finishing today. I'm sad because of this? Yeah right...and I get a lift to hospital every morning on a purple unicorn by my friend Mr O'Shaughnessy, the leprechaun.