Saturday, March 05, 2005

B'day Party

Am currently writing from Mq's room. Woke up relatively early, and since everyone else is still asleep after a long night (it was her b'day party last night), I decided to spend some time on the computer and do some random internet surfing. Something which I haven't done in a while.

Got over to Glasgow yesterday afternoon, along with Em and 10kgs of marinaded chicken. Yup, no joke. Wasn't the most anticipated of experiences, but luckily the chicken didn't stink up the whole carriage! Actually managed to spend some time reading on the train, which was another minor miracle. Guess I was making sure that I will not feel guilty later on, since I'll be spending more time today indulging in the art of mental relaxation, and Yus has a couple of friends staying over at my place, and I don't think it'll be very appropriate if the host spends all his time in the room.

My arrival was meant to be a surprise for Mq, and to a certain degree it worked. Was nice to see her grinning from ear to ear throughout the whole day. While Em n CW worked on the chicken, Mq and I went shopping. I kept insisting that we were getting too much stuff, but I guess it was better to err on that side of the equation rather than having too little food. Went to a food store called Peckham's, which was akin to a mini Harrod's food store. My pupils were probably constricted to the size of a pinprick as I went all excited at the sight of the cheesecakes )Mq's b'day cake was an Oreos cheesecake), lovely homemade jams and cheese and the huge variety of rather interesting looking ice-creams and such.

At the end of the day, everything was prepared in time. The highlight was probably the fact that about 9 different tubs of ice-cream were left for us to savour, with about a similar amount of toppings as well. Think we were all diabetic by the end of last night, and more than one person exhibiting signs of being on a sugar high. 'Big' surprise there...

Met Oja n Ellina, and as usual it was chatting with 'em. There were quite a number of people, and every once in a while I'd go and chat with some of them. The fact that my stomach was ready to burst didn't exactly put me in the most sociable of moods! But luckily it was a fun crowd, so it didn't actually take much effort.

At the end, I was the only guy left with about 10 girls. Although I wasn't feeling that tired, I decided to retire in order to allow them to let their hair down. Literally. From the sound of the shrieks and squeeks, I'm sure they had loads of fun though! Luckily enough for me, Sweetie was awake at the time, so I had the opportunity to have a chat with her before dozing off. Turned out to be a happy ending to a happy day.