M'sian Nite 2005
Yet another sign of Americanism.
Woke up this morning, looked at the clock, and decided to go back to bed. Woke up again, decided to play my cards right, and that was followed by a rather leisurely morning. Was smiling as I walked to town, and realised that it was because of the fact that not only was the sun shining, but I was actually able to feel its heat... Decided to take a detour, and proceeded go for a walk as well as to feed some swans and ducks and whatever other birds that tend to go swimming in lakes. Being in a rather good mood, I even decided to invite some friends over for dinner tonight.
Had a rather late night. The M'sian Night was pretty successful. And unlike previous years, there was actually an excess of food. I was on guard duty, so I arrived rather early along with Yus n the girls, minus Em. Ate early, did a few random jobs here and there, took a few pics, and then settled into my place. Halfway through though, I was asked to chat with the guest of honours, so in an odd twist of events, I found myself enjoying the performances from the front row. Not that I'm complaining!
Performances were included a duo, Jeffri Ramli (with his usual rendition of I'll Always Love You) and your typical stuff in a M'sian Night - various traditional dances, of which the bhangra was probably the most infectious. There was a sketch in between the dances, and I congratulated Imaan later on her convincing portrayal of 'gedikness'.
Lots of pics were taken, of which many will be going up online in various blogs soon, I'm sure. Times like this I feel like I should've gotten myself a digital camera, but I've promised myself to only get it at a particular date, so I'll just have to wait I guess.
Things finished relatively early, and we were waiting for the bus by 11. Got a call to go to The Attic, which was the venue of the 'after party'. Wasn't too keen initially, but was told that my cousin will be celebrating his b'day as well, so figured why the hell not. Can't remember the last time I went clubbing, probably last summer back home. Ended up having a really good time, hanging out with a few buddies and meeting new folks as well as 'dancing' along to some pretty good music. We only got out towards 3am, after which I grabbed a cab home, called Sweetie to share the night's events and drifted off to The Dreaming.








<< Home