Sunday, February 27, 2005

Food...glorious food...

As is usually the case, the weekend has just flown by and the start of the next rotation is here. In my case, it's psychiatry, which I do enjoy. But it's been quite a while since I last read anything even vaguely psychiatric in nature, so it's gonna be a while before I get comfy. Am not too happy about the fact that I'll have to do a case study cum literature review as well.

On Friday, I decided to pop over to the store nearby to get some bread. Being the highly intelligent person that I am, I realised right after shutting the front door that I had left my house keys indoor and naturally, the words 'Ah fuck...' were uttered. Went over to the girls' place in the hope that the other copy of my key was there, but as luck would have it, the key was on its way to Glasgow. So I had to call my landlord at the end, and I just smiled and acted silly as he moodily opened the door for me.

Highlight of yesterday morning was the removal of a dead pigeon from the girls' ceiling. Which I shall not elaborate on. Had a nice chat with sweetie, and was debating the idea of getting myself a pair of Onitsuka Tiger shoes that are on sale. The idea (and the shoes) is appealing, so unless something else comes into play (in terms of having to fork out some money), I just might go for it.

MH and housemates hosted dinner last night, and it was superb. We were treated to various dishes - stir fried vege, roasted chicken wings, stir fried tauhu, more chicken (don't actually know what sort of sauce was used), lamb stew, and my personal fav - chilli fried sotong (am really impressed with Leo!). Dessert consisted of little balls of glutinous rice which were filled with sesame seeds, which was quite tasty. Having filled ourselves to the max, we sat down to play a game of Uno. Or rather, it was HM's game and it made used of Uno cards! This was due to the various 'laws' that she seemed to have come up with at random, but we had a good time and there were lots of laughter and good natured ribbing. A few went off to play some snooker afterwards, but not being a fan myself, decided to stay back.

Went over to Ninie's place after that to have a chat with Amir. Ended up playing second fiddle to some guitar playing and Michelle Branch but at least I was able to catch up with him, albeit for a few minutes.

Was thoroughly spoilt by RH's mum today. Went over to her house to get some things done (medicky stuff, as well as more personal discussions) and was fed loads, as well as given a cup of her simply delicious coffee (of which I'll have to get the recipe off her someday). Also received the very good news that I won't have to fuss about finding a place to store my belongings next year, as well as a place to stay so I'm pretty pleased about that. All that's left to do now is to cook a few meals for RH!