Thursday, February 24, 2005

Bye bye Morpeth/Lynemouth

There were a few rather exciting football matches over the past couple of days, highlight being the match between AC Milan (the team I love) vs Man Utd (the team I love to hate). Prior to the match, I didn't really have high expectations 'cause not only were they playing at Old Trafford, but they were to play without Shevchenko, their top striker. Although his absence had its obvious effects (they controlled the midfield for long periods of time, but lacked the finishing touch), Milan did win via a tap-in by Crespo and the match was of a very high quality, with Man Utd being close to scoring at various times as well. I was quite surprised to be honest, 'cause I haven't seen Milan play such an attacking in quite a while. Probably overcompensating for Shevchenko's absence. Here's looking forward to the return leg, where pretty much anything can happen.

Talked to sweetie yesterday for quite a while about footie. She was quite pleased with Madrid's performance against Juve, with the latter being made to look rather ordinary at times by the galacticos. They too, sorely missed their main striker, Trezeguet. It's always a pleasure watching Madrid play when they're on form, with Zidane's and Roberto Carlos' instinctive passing being quite a sight to behold.

Today was the last day of my GP attachment. So it's goodbye to the long commute, goodbye to the rather deprived and depressing Lynemouth, goodbye to the posh little town of Morpeth and hello to a weekend of studying Obs n Gynae (which has no connection whatsoever to the end of this rotation). Next rotation is psychiatry at the Newcastle General, which is a 5-min walk from my house. I'm really REALLY looking forward to that. For the sole reason that I won't be having to wake up so early to get on the bus anymore.

Had a video session earlier this week i.e. I had a few recorded consultations with patients, elicited their concerns and complaints etc and then cringed as my supervisor and I went through the video and raised various good and bad points. The conclusion? I'm ok la... but the main complaint about me was the fact that I overestimate my patients' intelligence. I guess it means I have to start lowering my threshold when I meet people.

There's gonna be some sort of feedback session at the medical school tomorrow morning, but I'm not too fussed about it. Am planning to relax, catch up on some tv shows, eat a nice meal, read a couple of comics and have a nice long hot shower.