Oh pocot
Yus convinced CT and I that we should join him in a football game which was held during the early part of this evening. After all, the weather was rather nice and we were of the opinion that it'd be rather warm. And what do I have to show for this evening? A throbbing headache, a broken pair of glasses (my favourite, no less!), jogging around in the shiver-inducing cold and a throbbing headache. Or have I mentioned that already...?
But things are better now. Got the specs back together with the help of some of Shanti's superglue. Guess I'll be getting myself a new pair when I get home in a couple of months. And we were feated to rather scrumptious meal by Elly - she cooked the tempe I brought for her from Sheffield. I'm not normally a tempe fan, but there are always exceptions.
The trip to Sheffield was both relaxing and entertaining. Kinda pity Jaja, 'cause I was 'bullying' her most of the time. Especially since she was kind enough to buy me dinner at Jumbo's, a halal-chinese restaurant that has one of the best-tasting buffets I've had the opportunity to taste. We ate like there was no tomorrow, and all plans to stay up that night were shelved in view of the rather swollen tummies that led to all of us being extremely sleepy. Not the most pleasant of sights, I know.
As Kudo pointed out, shopping in Sheffield ain't much different from Newcastle, but I had a couple of things to pick up from GAP, and in Newcastle, the GAP store is kinda far off and I doubt I'd be making the trip anytime soon. So since I was already in the neighbourhood, figured I should make the most of my opportunities.
Watched a couple of movies as well - Sahara and The Machinist. The former is another one of those treasure-hunt movies which is watchable (but I'm biased 'cause I don't quite like Penelope Cruz and I think she wasn't exactly convincing as a doctor who's supposedly oh-so-very-dedicated to the health and general well-being of mankind) while the latter is a psychological thriller featuring a rather cachexic Christian Bale aka the new Batman.
Can't say it's the best psychological thriller I've watched so far, but it's definitely worth watching, if only to see his rather convincing performance as an insomniac who's having a rather rough patch in that dreary existence of his. The movie's damp and depressing setting and lighting also helped the mood, and while the ending ain't exactly earth-shattering, it'll have you go nodding in comprehension.
Of course the trip was kinda nostalgic as well, since everywhere I went/looked, there would be something that'd remind me of Sweetie. The park where we sat and tried to comprehend the behaviour of swans, the BK which was the reason I had received my first scolding, the pancake bar where she got me some lovely (what else?) pancakes, the cinema which she is very proud of (it's got Europe's biggest screen, along with ample footspace at a rather reasonable price) and lots and lots of others. Luckily I was kept company by my two companions, and that sort of helped me push things to the back of my mind.
Speaking of my mind, it's high time I get home and give it some rest. It's not everyday that it gets whacked, and I guess it deserves some spoiling. Which means there ain't gonna be much work done tonight!








<< Home