Friday, August 26, 2005

Balik kampung...

A couple of friends are going through a rather tough patch - you know who you are. Just want you two to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you, and as I've said before, I'm just a phone call away. Heck, I'll come over if needed. Tapi weekend je ek? :P

I'm back in Newcastle...and there's the usual Friday-night grin on my face as I sit here in the living room and chill with my buddies, although one's still not back. Don't think I'm currently as giddy as I was during my first trip back, but I'm definitely jumping around inside.

This is probably helped by the fact that I've had a relatively easy couple of days. Things have been more relaxed, I'm cut down the number of patients under my care, and a 3 day weekend is here. The last thing I did today was have a case discussion with my supervisor (it's one of the requirements for the Foundation programme) and that went well too. Furthermore, I've received my first paycheque and heck, that's definitely a cause for celebration!

Everyone seems to be intent on buying something a little extravagant with their first month's wages e.g. new shoes, a playstation, make-up. I've decided what I wanted to get for myself and I actually went ahead and bought it earlier this evening. The item? A return ticket to KL for a week in November. I can't think of anything more worthwhile to spend my money on than to use it to get some quality time with Sweetie back home. And although it's a little over a couple of months away, I can't help but be excited!

Sweetie's finally back from Terengganu, and the poor dear's quite tired with the whole experience. Even worse, she only gets a day off before resuming work. But another reason for my excitement this weekend is 'cause I'll be seeing her again (online) after quite a while. That's the plan for tomorrow, along with buying my buddies dinner. Sunday's gonna be spent with the musketeers for a belated celebration of Reem's b'day and Monday's gonna be spent doing a whole lot of nothing. Bliss...