Monday, August 15, 2005

Pening...

I've just spent approximately 14 hours being on-call, and I have to say it wasn't the most pleasant of experiences. Besides probably being illegal (what with the European working hours restriction and what not), everything from my lumbar region downwards is currently in pain. Which is not a good thing.

Mondays are never good. And in my case, I basically had to work through the workload that has accumulated over the weekend in my ward as well as the admissions unit. The mind tends to wander a little after one has done his fourth PR for the day and his upteenth venflon. Small wonder that I made life more difficult for myself by constantly misplacing the little piece of paper that had my list of 'jobs' to do.

I got back around 2230, and was pleasantly surprised to have found out that Mani and Priya had prepared dinner for me. Well, Mani cooked and Priya heated up the food that her mum has given for the weekend (aah...the advantages of having mum's cooking within the same country!). Needless to say, I was pretty touched and it's a pity I won't be able to reciprocate 'cause they're both vegetarians and frankly, I can't think of a good vegetarian dish that I can cook. Unless I use tofu to replace whatever meat I use, I guess. Hmm...

Anyway, it's off to bed now. Just a short entry to get rid of this nagging ache in my head, which I hope will be gone by the time I wake up tomorrow.