Friday, October 07, 2005

5 down, 2 to go

It's been a long week, what with being alone as well as the onset of Ramadhan. I'm quite tired at the moment, which is quite unsurprising considering the activities I've been through this week. Figured I'd type a few words in this blog as I wait for the oven to do its job in defrosting my fish & chips.

The weekend shouldn't be too bad, hopefully. I'm sure I'll be walking continuously, and I hope I'll be able to fast throughout. Worse bit of the weekend is gonna be the fact that I won't be able to chat with Sweetie. I'll probably steal away for a few minutes if I can and give a call or two, but that'll depend on how busy things get I guess.

Thankfully, I haven't killed anyone this past week. There have been a few scenarios where I went 'Fuck!' 'cause of the patients' dire condition (tended to revolve around heart attacks or chest infections) but I was able to stop myself from running around like a headless chicken and proceed in a manner that made the other staff think that I was confidently assessing the situation.

I've also finally signed up for the sports centre, which gives me access to a gym, pool, courts (badminton, squash, tennis), golf course, sauna and God knows what else. I doubt I'll be making use of many of the items on offer, although I played squash last night and swam the night before. Trust me to begin these activities during the fasting month but the fact that I was pretty breathless after a couple of laps of the pool, plus the fact that I'm aching at muscles that I haven't felt in years just goes to show how far I am from ideal fitness.

Don't think I'll be doing anything but rest today though. And enjoy my tiramisu ice-cream from M&S. One of the perks of working is that I don't really have to think twice when I splurge on M&S Food, and those adverts ain't lying - the food's great! So I'll spoil myself with its instant meals for the next couple of days as I finish off my on-call duties. Then I'll get Jaja to cook for me. :)