Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Mata celik

One of the advantages of being on nights is that you get to spend the free hours doing stuff that you might otherwise not bother doing. Unless you decide to sleep, which is probably the wiser thing to do. In between catching a few mins snooze, I've been able to bounce between a couple of books, work on the medical rota, catch up with the various happenings around the world and finish my first jar of peanut butter and chocolate.

You can tell nights have been kind to me so far. In fact, earlier this evening was the worst bit so far, with 3 patients taking a turn for the worse, but things have settled since then. I know I should sleep now, especially since I've got a meeting with medical staffing later this morning as well as having to meet up with Dr Edge to get his John Hancock, but I'm just too wide awake.

Original plans to go to Amsterdam this weekend have not come to fruition, which wasn't a big surprise. Sweetie was quite correct in guessing that we'd end up taking a long trip to nowhere. At the moment, the idea is to go someplace within the country or Dublin. Can't say I've got a preference at the moment. One of these weekends, I'd like to go to a few places though - Salzburg, Vienna, Portugal, Prague, Switzerland. And perhaps Wales as well. My upcoming long weekends will be taken up by a whole lot of doing nothing, possible trip to Glasgow, along with a trip down south to catch the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Turns out Dr M ain't gonna be booted out by the UMNO Supreme Council, which isn't exactly a big surprise. One wonders what will happen next, and if he's taken to court, will they allow him to sing? 'Cause sing he will, there's no doubt about that. Rather surprisingly, Rina seems to have strong feelings about the matter at hand, with a little speech about how 'Melayu mudah lupa' and what not.

Think I'll go for a walk. It's rather weird watching the sun rise at 3ish in the morning, but it has a strange beauty to it. It's warm enough to walk outside with my hoodie at the moment, and coupled with the cool breeze and the smells wafting through from the cookie factory, it should be pleasant.