Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Gluttony

Dinner menu for the past few days:

Friday = Chinese meal at Mango's followed promptly by dessert at Frankie & Benny's. Might I add that the vanilla cheesecake served on that night was the most delicious that I've ever had my tongue taste? Melts in your mouth quite literally.

Saturday = Elly's char kuey teow with banana cake for dessert - an all-time favourite.

Sunday = Another all-time favourite - Yus' n CT's bbq, which included loads of dead chicken, bits of potatoes and bits of coleslaw. The weather was amazing, since you don't see the girls running indoors for sunblock lotions very often in this country.

Last night = Lost count of the number of pizza slices I had over at Priya's.


Needless to say, it has been a very enjoyable few days, both for the food and company. For 'some reason', I found myself huffing and puffing a little more than usual this morning as I ascended the stairs to work. As per usual, I tell myself to get a bit of activity in my life that can be vaguely considered as exercise, but as usual I find myself with a reason for not doing so.

At the moment, it's 'cause I'm on-call for surgery. Yesterday was horrible, and I did not sit down until 9pm, when I went home. Today however, I've read 2 chapters of my novel, skimmed through a few websites and have finally decided to write in the blog 'cause the only remotely medical thing I've done is write up some fluids for a dehydrated patient. Not that I'm complaining.

I've got a couple of long weekends coming up after my week of nights, and I'm contemplating taking time off to go visit a place I've never been to. Wouldn't mind a quirky little place to salve my curiosity but nothing comes to mind at present. Perhaps it's high time I paid Ireland or Wales a visit or should I go a little further down to the continent? Or should I just stay put and go down to the Lakes and take in the quiet atmosphere that is Cumbria? Hmm...

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to Thursday's half day when I'll be able to chat with Sweetie and hopefully take a look at her pics and this weekend will be spent in Edinburgh, where catching up and hanging out with Radzi will be the order of the day. By then, I hope to have finished A Storm of Swords, as well as made a start on my little audit.