Baru
One of the luckier moments I've had was to do with the train crash that occured near the Lake District last Friday. It was almost pure chance (and the need to wander aimlessly around the British Museum and buy biscuits from Harrods) that made me purchase tickets for the train ride just after the one that was involved in the accident. Needless to say, I'm thanking my lucky stars that the railtrack came off the moment it did and not later on during that night.
I wasn't in the best of moods since last weekend, mostly çause I was melayaning my MURSOS, but one of the highlights of the past week (besides the amazing one-week break I had, that is) is the purchase of a new laptop with MS Vista installed as the OS. So here I am blogging for the first time from my new pride and joy, and it is with a certain amount of relief that I can kiss goodbye to the old ways of waiting for 5 mins for the laptop to get started and to stare listlessly at the wall while certain programmes start loading.
The new OS is a joy to use, and although it bears uncanny resemblances to the current Apple OS, it is much more user-friendly as predicted. The documents are organised more systematically, the photo-viewing machinery is sleek enough to elicit a 'wow', things are easier to find and on the whole, things are a heck of a lot more pleasing to the eye, although admittedly, nothing ground-breaking has been introduced.
I've sort of made up 4 contigency plans in my head with regards to my career progression, and it's really a case of playing the waiting game from here on. At the moment, it's a case of enjoying/milking all the experience I can get from my current post whilst reading up on stuff as I hope to sit for exams in spring. Enough time? Perhaps. I started a little revision today and although it felt like I was clearing cobwebs from my relatively dormant mind, it was a start at least and I felt good towards the end. The 2 lovely cups of coffee (from a brand that was introduced to me by Ellina) might have helped as well.
Here's a toast to new beginnings.








<< Home