Sunday, December 10, 2006

Rindu

Can’t say I’ve been in much of a mood to write in my blog for the past couple of weeks. One naturally has too much of a fun time whilst being back home, and my arrival back in Blighty started with a mild feeling of depression, followed by a chest infection for which I was chased from the ward last week. Ahh…it would appear that there ARE benefits to coughing up yellow phlegm.

It would do my trip back home a disservice if I were to attempt to catalogue the various on-goings that occurred, so I won't even try. In the end, I managed to do what I had intended to do with this trip, but not without consequences and not according to plan either. But although I wasn’t able to socialise as much as I wanted to, suffice to say I had an amazing time with Sweetie.

Seeing her in person on arrival was one of the most pleasing sights I could ask for, and that warm feeling didn’t dissipate throughout my time there. Although Sweetie wasn’t able to take time off work during the first week, we still managed to sneak in a few meals and coffee together, along with visits to various places like the Aquaria (where we managed to gawk at the various species of fish and insects on display) and our new favourite cineplex, the Cathay theatre off The Curve (The Prestige was definitely one of the better movies of the year). I must say I did eat quite a lot too, which was evidenced by my more ‘tembam’ look on arrival.

We did have quite a few yummy meals, from the relatively routine dim sum buffet at chinese restaurant at the PJ Hilton to the mexican delights of Mezquite at the recently refurbished Heritage Row at Jln Doraisamy, to the magnificently opulent and candlelit Ferringhi Grill, where I had my first taste of Wagyu beef, amongst various other happenings.

We managed a road trip to Penang with some of her friends as well, which bore a strange resemblance to a previous road trip I had taken. But it was even more fun and definitely more memorable this time round. We even managed a few hours in a spa, which was rather therapeutic and relaxing and I think we’re both kinda addicted to spas now i.e. we’d get a session booked every now and then. One of the only downsides was the extremely rude and unprofessional manner in which the staff at the Sri Sayang apartments behaved.

So with such exciting events unfolding, it’s no surprise that life seems almost dull in comparison at the moment. It’s good to be back in a way, and I routinely go through this phase. But I’ve got things to sort out and things to plan, and with the ST applications coming up, it’s time to plan for the future.