Solstice
It was recently that time of the year again when some friends scratch their heads and wonder what would make an appropriate gift. More often than not, my response would be to either name a DVD that I’ve had my sights on or just laugh off the suggestion, finding the whole idea rather amusing.
This year, I had actually entertained thoughts of having a little dinner party. But such ideas rarely come into fruition when you’re a Sagitarrius, as most people tend to go away during the winter. And nobody in their right mind would think of ‘going away’ to the cold wintry welcome of Cumbria.
Radzi did make his annual visit though, and it was to great delight that I greeted my gift as well. I have to say I didn’t really try my best to sell the county (we limited ourselves to chatting and eating); after all we stuck to the city centre and there was no way in hell that I’d venture out to the countryside during this time of the year. We did get into the Carlisle Castle though, and the only positive experience of that was the fact that I now have a clearer idea on what instigated the English Civil War back in the 17th century. Yup, we didn’t gain much.
B’day itself was relatively mundane as I was on-call. But it was one of the better one-calls, with me having to clerk a measly 6 patients. And there was a lovely surprise at the end of the day as well, as Omar drove me on the fog-covered roads over to Priya’s for a little dinner for three. A perfect ending. The perfect beginning was getting to chat with Sweetie for some time in the morning. Actually no, the perfect beginning would be to have her around in person, but that’s not quite possible as the poor dear is stuck in the jungle where she’ll make an exit sooner rather than later, hopefully.
Am on-call this weekend, but hopefully the patients would try to prevent themselves from dying, it being the season to be jolly and all. Won’t be working over the bank holidays and but I don’t actually have much planned, except for the possibility of a day trip to Glasgow for a touch of shopping. Am also thinking of taking a trip to Europe in January, but the when and where is yet to be decided.








<< Home