Monday, March 19, 2007

Weird

I've been tagged by Kudo-san to jot down a list of 6 oddities that I can attribute to myself. Easy-peasy, I thought. Then I had to ask myself - what exactly makes a person weird? One societys expectation of what's normal is different from another; heck it differs within my little group of friends.

For example, Sweetie thinks I'm weird for worshipping System of a Down and quoting Yoda, and I even share Kudo's weirdness of not having a standard handwriting and his way of listening to music (I still don't know the lyrics of Smells Like Teen Spirit, for example).

I remember saying way back when that you're only normal if you're weird. Oxymoronic, but true enough wouldn't you agree?

  1. I won't eat anything squishy. This includes brinjals and tomatoes. Don't mind the taste, but the sensation is just plain weird to me. You know that lovely feeling you get when your mouth is filled with the burst juices of a warm, crushed cherry tomato? I don't.
  2. I am a different person at work. Apparently I can be quite scary at work, and don't smile as often as I do out of it. Maybe it's just the stress of dealing with incompetent buffoons on a daily basis.
  3. My hair grows upwards. Yes, an afro is long overdue.
  4. I am not very well-informed. I think that I have a great ability to understand things quickly, but I also have an equally fast ability to forget things. So I might nod and make the appropriate 'a'ha' sounds when someone's explaining the physiology of the heart, but I'll be damned if i remember the pressure of the pulmonary artery the next day. Which does not augur well for my MRCP exams. Sigh...
  5. I can be OCD-ish when it comes to being organised and tidy.
  6. I drink black coffee and tea. I think that adding milk and sugar to either is a travesty. Of course, I then go ahead and make exceptions for frappucinos and a good mug of teh tarik.

Feel free to add a list of 6 in your own blog.