doom da da di da di
The first time I came across Mika's Grace Kelly, I wasn't too impressed. Here's just another guy with a falsetto who's bound to appeal to the fairer sex with a can't-go-wrong mixture of cheesy pop tunes and curly hair (or so I've been told).
Next thing I knew, I was humming the doom-da-da-di-da-di bit from his next release. So I decided to take a closer look at his music and must admit that I'm suitably impressed with some of his songs. I especially like the way he (or his producers) mixes the vocals to slowly build up his songs to an almost symphony-like finish. The one song I'd recommend listening to is Happy Ending. Brilliant stuff.
Another song that's been on continuous play in the recesses of my mind is Manic Street's Your Love is Not Enough, featuring the lovely voice of Nina Persson (of The Cardigans fame). Provides a good break whenever I sit back and decide that there's no way on earth that I'll be able to memorise all the side-effects of what seems like all the drugs that've been discovered since some bright chap decided to use the bark of the willow tree to cure headaches.
I'm actually considering buying tickets for one of the legends of pop, Mr Falsetto himself - Prince. Guess I'll see how I feel in the morning. The only bands that I'd definitely join the proverbial overnight queueing for are System of a Down and The Smashing Pumpkins. It's ironic that the latter broke up when I arrived into the UK and have regrouped as I'm about to ?leave it. Figures.








<< Home