Elseworld
I've started life as an F2 in the world of O&G, and I was 'cleverly' placed on nights for my first couple of days and on-call today (my 3rd day). Apparently this was due to some swapping that was going on prior to my arrival, and this has resulted in me being on-call for 7 of the first 10 days that I am here. Clever, no? And so very unselfish of some people. Somehow, I don't think sarcasm cuts through the internet as well as in real life.
But hey, on-call here is a piece of cake compared to the madness of acute medicine. I would never have had time to write in my blog or bitch about people if I wasn't on-call for O&G. No emergencies have occured yet, but that is bound to change. It'll be interesting to note how things progress here, as nobody who works here has had a good thing to say about the place yet.
Over the weekend, I downloaded and registered myself in Second Life. It's basically a virtual reality platform that's been in the news lately and was recommended by Omar, so I was curious to find out more about it. The graphics were pretty impressive with the new laptop, and I came away with the impression that the whole thing is an amalgamation of RPGs with IM programmes. Interesting, with lots of potential - as evidenced by the increasing presence of corporate and political figures in the new world.
Naturally, there's a seedier side to it as well and it wasn't too long before my avatar (the virtual incarnation of yourself) was approached by some guy who was wanting to sell me a penis. Turns out that just because your online character is male or female, it doesn't mean that one is anatomically complete. Below is the first, rough image of my ugly self in Second Life. It can be addictive, I'm sure, but I'll probably keep away for the moment.









<< Home