Ngantuk
It's been one of those weeks during which sleep has been pushed down to a secondary role, almost like a past-time as opposed to a necessity. Sometimes I impress myself with my ability to function with minimal amount of sleepy-time, but reality will then hit home when I wake up and my first thought is 'what day is it?' or trawl through the day wishing, hoping, nay, almost begging for that cup of coffee that'll never come during this month of fasting.
Can't really complain though, as it was a weekend of indulging in nostalgic trips down memory lane, that were compounded by other activities like playing tourist guide, being totally swept off the board in my (surprisingly) first game of RISK and the fucking up of the mind of a young dude which culminated in the poor guy probably being traumatised by watching the movie Irreversible.
So much for setting a good example for the juniors.
It was a perfect antidote of a week of nights though. Can't say it was the worst set of nights ever, but it was icky enough at times. The highlight was my first experience of percussion pacing (i.e. whacking someone's chest to keep the heart beating at a particular rate) which although educational, was a total oh-my-god-what-the-fuck-is-happening kinda moment. When the lady started losing consciousness, I actually muttered 'please don't do this to me...'.
This week is a no-brainer, quite literally, as I'm stuck on the surgical ward (which translates to losing the will to live by mid-day). At least I get to go home slightly earlier than usual, which has enabled me to clear things up a little around the house, and catch the first episode of Season 2 of Heroes as well as the pilot of David Duchovny's Californication (which is rather amusing and seems to have a fair amount of topless women in it). And speaking of hot women, I just found out that Angelina Jolie will be involved in the movie adaptation of Wanted, yet another comic that is making the big screen. Can't wait.








<< Home