Friday, August 22, 2008

Post nights

I have just finished my first week of nights as the most senior on site at the new place and I must say that it turned out a lot better than I expected it to be. It was less nerve-wrecking that I thought it'd be, and I only had to call the boss for advice just the once. More importantly, I didn't kill anyone! I was helped by an able house officer, who was probably a lot more nervous having to do her first set of nights ever.

I am quite tired, so I won't go into the details of the week but I must say that it's a pleasure when you have very competent senior staff on call with you. It helps when you need to make tough decisions (e.g. Thrombolysing a patient who's arrested) and the people around you are ready to provide the necessary moral and physical support.

Will be putting work behind me this weekend though, with a couple of things to look forward to initially. That would be having a nice long chat with sweetie and catch up with radzi whilst catching a few shows at The Fringe.