The 5-series
Had a chat with a friend, and we were talking about rather random stuff and lists. Anyhow, I decided to jot down these list of things here, primarily to take my mind off the interview which will be held in about 90 minutes' time!
5 things u probably know about me
1. I LOVE Reiny and chocolates.
2. I'm rather average looking. Not gonna be turning any heads as I walk down the Carlisle High Street. Come to think of it, I hope not!
3. I'm a good listener.
4. Yes, I'm hairy. But contrary to popular belief, I'm not a monkey.
5. I seem to have a knowledge of random facts that probably do not hold any academic value whatsoever. For example, polar bears are left-handed. Don't think that will come out in my OSCE anytime soon...
5 things u probably don't know about me
1. Occasionally, believe it or not, I am actually capable of speaking slowly and with clarity.
2. I absolutely, positively, totally HATE ironing.
3. I love watching lightning.
4. I've got a soft spot for kids.
5. Except the horribly spoilt ones. In which case, I start to wonder if the incidence of child abuse is rather underreported.
5 books I've read recently that I'd recommend
1. The Sandman - Neil Gaiman
2. Series of Unfortunate Events - Lemony Snicket
3. Hamlet - William Shakespeare
4. Getting Even - Woody Allen
5. The Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine. Not everybody's cup of tea, I'm sure...
5 songs I'm currently listening to on my ipod that I'd recommend
1. Wake me up when September ends - Green Day
2. Vide Cor Meum - that song in Hannibal during the opera scene. Can't remember whose work it is, but the poem is by some Irish guy I think. I could be wrong since the poem's in Italian. Hmm...
3. On and On and On - Catch 22
4. My Boo - Usher and Alicia Keys
5. Pieces - Sum 41
5 problems I foresee during my lifetime
1. Racial riots in Malaysia
2. Microorganisms resistant to practically anything we have
3. An economic crisis as we reach the end of our reliance on hydrocarbon fuels
4. Really shitty weather as a result of the nonsense we do to our environment
5. Envy as the US, China and India grow in power and stature. Won't be surprised if another World War occurs sometime.
On that cheerful note, I shall go and walk around aimlessly and after 30 minutes of that, I'd probably be too tired to look nervous and should be able to walk into the interview with a confident swagger. Wish me luck!








<< Home