MURSOS
Back in Newcastle! Arrived kinda later than expected 'cause we were planning to be off around noon, but we only got to moving after two. Still, we arrived early enough for me to get a few things out of the way i.e. get my surgical rotation assessment form (Mr Gallagher's comment was that my attendance during the surgical rotation was above and beyond what was expected. I was VERY close to bursting out with laughter), get my comics (Mark Whedon- he of Buffy fame - is doing a great job with the X-Men) and get my hair cut. What little there was in the first place...
Siti was kind enough to invite me over to buka puasa at her place. The meal was superb, as I pointed out, it was definitely the best I've had in a while! Hahaha... She also baked a choc cake since it was Em's b'day, and we had a little Happy Birthday To You sing-a-long. Add a box of Guylian chocs... ah...blissful kenyangness! Everyone looked kinda sleepy and sluggish after digging in...
Despite the food being great, the highlight of the dinner was actually just getting to meet these buddies of mine again. Em,Mocque,Yus, CT, Elly, Ellina n Shanti. Didn't quite realise how much I've missed them 'till I stepped into the house. At which point I just felt like hugging everyone! I didn't, of course, but heck, it was great seeing those smiling faces again. Absence really makes the heart grow fonder. With this group of friends at least!
Speaking of which, it's been 2 months 5 days since I've last laid eyes on my sweetie. I can't even begin to describe how much I've been missing her. The only times I've teared in these past couple of months is whenever I get a sudden attack of the Miss UR Significant Other Syndrome. Having said that, it's 2 months down, another few to go before I can see her again. Can't wait!!
Last night's high point was definitely being able to not only chat with sweetie online, but to see her face for the first time since August ('cause she was finally able to hook up her webcam). I think I was grinning like an idiot throughout the whole conversation, and with good reason too! I'm so madly in love. I've always loved her lots from the beginning, but it seems that the feeling is growing with each passing day. It's not easy being in a long distance relationship, as many of my friends can testify to. But an amazing amount of love for each other, trusting each other explicitly, having a goal to reach for together, and knowing that that special someone will be there one day to hold your hand and walk with you along the journey that is life...it makes it all worthwhile.








<< Home