You,
Yesterday, Helen and I were happily typing away at the computers when suddenly the librarian came up to us and asked for our help. Turned out that the photocopy machine repairman wasn't feeling too well and was having chest pains. We looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders, before proceeding to meet up with this guy and have a rather informal history-taking and examination session. I was convinced that he was having a heart attack, and told him to go to the A&E. Unfortunately, there weren't any docs around to help me fight my case (where are they when you actually need them?). Mr Repairman felt better after 10mins, and decided to continue with his work, and said he probably won't bother seeing his GP either about the pain. And this is after he experienced 'the worst pain I've ever felt'. Here's hoping the silly bugger didn't die on his way back home.
Speaking of which, just found out that a very close friend of mine almost died recently. She was initially diagnosed by a couple of silly docs at a government hospital back home as having a Urinary Tract Infection and was promptly sent home with some a'biotics . A few hours later, things got worse and luckily, her sis was around to send her to Pantai Hosp. Within minutes, they found out that she was having an internal haemorrhage, and luckily she hadn't arrive too late. I would've been VERY pissed off if that had happen. DAmn pissed and damn depressed as well, I guess. I can't imagine how they could've misdiagnosed a UTI. They were probably pressed for time, but at the price of a human life? Might as well quit medicine. Hopefully I'll never stoop to that level, despite the amount of pressure that's threatening to break my back. And that reminds me... there's a good tv show on BBC2 tonight at 9pm. It's called 'Bodies', a British-made series that's based around an Obs&Gynae ward which has a surprisingly good storyline and good acting as well.








<< Home