Badgers eat slugs
'So, what will we be discussing this morning?' I asked, in an attempt to appear enthusiastic.
'Actually lad, there's nothing much to do today...you'd be better off clerking a patient on the ward or something like that...'
In other words, I got out of bed, braved the early morning relatively-cold shower, and rushed in order to be punctual for the meeting and for what? To find out that the darn meeting's not gonna take place and I could've just laid in bed savouring the pleasant weightlessness that occurs when you're half-asleep. Or I could've gone for Aidiladha prayers (although the probability of that happening wasn't that high, I'd say).
So here I am in my usual spot, rambling out nonsense for my own entertainment whilst trying to figure out what exactly to do in order to make this morning fruitful. Doesn't help that the whole of yesterday was a waste - I did absolutely nothing of use. At one point, I was literally staring at a point in the ceiling, wondering what the heck to do 'cause it was cold and windy outside, I wasn't in any mood to read anything, nor was there anything worth watching on the telly. Now, THAT's sad! The Simpsons finally put some colour into things, and after attempting to decipher the argument behind consequencialism (damn ethics essay!), Desperate Housewives proved to be a welcome distraction.
Today ought to be different though. There's actual work to be done (i.e. I know what I have to do), dinner at the girls' place and Em'll be back as well. Or will she be arriving tomorrow? Hmm... Anyway, besides the fact that I miss having her around for our usual chats, it'll also be especially exciting 'cause she'll be bringing my b'day gift from Sweetie! Which reminds me, Muimui will be coming down to Newcastle over the weekend, and once again I'll be playing tourist guide. And once again, I'll be hard-pressed to find places to go to in Newcastle besides the Quayside.
RH's mum will be having an op soon. Here's hoping and praying that things will be fine and dandy.
P.S. Here's an article worth reading.








<< Home